Yellow bells Botanically known as Tecoma gaudichaudi or Tecoma stans from Bignoniaceae family. Common name are Yellow bells, yellow tecoma, Gaudi chaudi, yellow trumpetbush, yellow elder, ginger-thomas etc. It is a evergreen perennial flowering shrub to medium size tree, blooms year around and it is one of the ancient flowering plant mostly used in every Indian Home. It is the official flower of the United States Virgin Islands and the floral emblem of The Bahamas.
Yellow Bells is an attractive plant that is cultivated as an Ornamental. It has sharply toothed, pinnate green leaves and bears large, showy, bright golden yellow trumpet-shaped flower. It is drought-tolerant and grows well in warm climates. The flowers attract bees, butterflies and hummingbird. The plant produces pods containing seeds with papery wings. The plant is desirable fodder when it grows in fields grazed by livestock. Yellow trumpet bush is a ruderal species, readily colonizing disturbed, rocky, sand and cleared land.
What does make this Special??
- This is the one flower that even school children recognize. The most familiar and the most common Tecoma variety.
- It is amongst the brightest yellow you can have in your garden. Flowers golden yellow, borne in large terminal panicle.
- It is one of the very easy to grow and care either in pot or directly in the soil.
- One of the Best Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves, good for screening, also excellent for hedges, border.
- Excellent flower in garden to attract Butterfly, Birds.
- Best Year round Flowering to Home Garden.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 4-6 meter height.
BLOOMING YEAR - Year-around attractive flowering.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- It is best to grow Tecoma plant in full sunlight conditions.
- Plants can be grown in small pots also, a minimum pot size of around 30 cms will be okay, but ground planting is best.
- Tecoma are long lived plants, a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
- Regular pruning is required to make plant bushy and dwarf.
- Very quick growing and susceptible to water logging.
Trim the height of the plant and to maintain a good shape. Will grow in all soils and moderate weather.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Tecoma gaudichaudi Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do light pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is more affected by mealy bug, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.