Strawberry Guava is Botanically known as Psidium cattleyanum from the Myrtaceae family. It has many other common names like Cattley guava, Cherry guava, red cattley guava, etc.
- It is a small, highly-branched fruit plant that grows around 2–6 m tall.
- This fruit has thin skin that ranges from yellow to dark red or purple, is ovular in shape, and grows to around 4 cm in length, its seeds have many health benefits, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties in addition to a high amount of Vitamin C.
- The fruit is similar to that of the common guava: a fragrant, juicy pulp with seeds. However, the flavor of this type of guava is said to have a strawberry essence and is considered to be less musky. It can be eaten fresh or used to make puree, juice, jam, or jelly.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can grow up to 3-6 meters tall.
BLOOMING YEAR - Generally Guava blooms thrice in a year, but the best flowering season is spring.
FRUITING YEAR - It starts fruiting after 2-3 years after planting.
GROWING TIPS -
- The growing tips for this guava are the same as that of another guava.
- You can easily grow it in the pot & also directly in the ground.
- It can grow almost in all types of soil, but the soil should be well-drained, fertile, and organic in nature.
- It needs a minimum of 4-6hours of direct sunlight area, even though it can tolerate up to -4 Degree celsius temperature.
- It loves to grow in all tropical & subtropical climates.
- Provide basin around the plant, for better utilization of the water & fertilization.
- You can add organic or homemade compost once in 3 months.
**Note; It spreads very fast & can grow as wild because of its easy growing character in all conditions.
INSIDE THE BOX
S.No. PRODUCT NAME DIMENSION 1. Strawberry Fruit Plant 1-2 Feet Height 2. Growing Pot (Black color) 6 Inch
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once three months for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
Generally, it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit.