Pentas Botanically known as Pentas lanceolata from Rubiaceae family. Common name are Pentas, Gulabi pentas, Egyptian starcluster etc. Pentas are warm region tropical blooming plants, so called because of the five-pointed petals on the flowers. It is one of the best butterfly-attracting plants in your surrounding. It blooms all summer long, even during the hottest weather, with large clusters of starry blooms that attract butterflies by the dozens as well as hummingbirds.
These plants have hairy green leaves and have many colors with clusters of flowers in shades of red, white, pink, and purple. It can withstand full sunlight and need little to no care, growing even in locations that are dry and hot. The plant grows well in small to medium size pot and in the ground and it can even make a good houseplant if you have enough light. It does best in full sun and moist, well-drained soil. Pentas is grown as an annual in most parts of the country, but if properly pruned and cared it can grow as biennial or perennial also.
What does make this Special??
- Pentas pink make a welcome addition to gardens due to their relatively low maintenance requirements.
- Encourage butterflies and hummingbirds to visit your garden with nectar-rich, colorful Pentas plant.
- Best Year round Flowering plant to Home Garden.
- Easy to grow plant either in pot or directly in the soil.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 2-6 feet height.
BLOOMING YEAR - The flower start blooming with in a month after purchase and continue year around attractive flowering.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- They prefer semi shade or bright light or full sunlight with moderate humidity.
- Mid day sun in hottest summer months and dry heat will result in drying of leaves, specially the lower leaves.
- Plants require regular irrigation. If not they will immediately drop their lower leaves and will look leggy.
- Regular feeding with organic fertilizer will keep the flowers coming.
- Plants can be grown in small pots, raised beds, also a minimum pot size of around 30 cm will be okay,
- Pentas can long lived a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Pentas pink Plant||1-1.5 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer. For profuse flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer once in a month.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any disease or insects, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.