Indian Pear Botanically known as Pyrus communis from Rosaceae family. It is a medium size deciduous tree which can grow upto 10-12 meter.
Pears are delicious fruit tree that can be grown in wide range of soils. Pears as it belong to rosaceae family member of plants which contains a long list of fruits including apples, apricots, cherries, peaches, plums, strawberries & almonds. The Babugosha, a variety of Pear is a mild, sweet fruit with a fibrous center. They are rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids. These can be grown in small yard spaces, making them a good choice for gardens. Pears are found in a variety of colors, including many different shades of green, red, yellow, gold, and brown.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 10-14 meter height, if planted in ground.
BLOOMING YEAR - The flowering start from end of January to February. Sometimes it may vary based on climate of particular area.
FRUITING TIME- Edible fruiting will start after 3-4 year after purchase.
GROWING TIPS - It grows best in temperate, moist subtropical climates.
- Initially 1-2 year take care of plants by protecting it from scorching sun.
- Apply any organic manure or fertilizer once in a month during the initial 1-2yrs, so that plant will become more healthy. After that add manure before 1 month of flowering seasons.
- Do regular pruning in order to make proper shape of the plant, encourage more side branches to make plant more bushy.
- Provide mulch surround the root zone, it keep maintain cool environment during summer.
- Apply NPK rich fertilizer during the flowering season.
- It is always recommonded to plant pear plant during Monsoon season.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Indian Pear Plant||2-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight, but initial 1-2yrs young plant need to be protected from hot scorch sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Reduce watering during winter & rainy season.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially upto 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3 times in a year) or before the flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant after completion of every fruiting season. Spray Neem Oil for primary treatment if found any infestation of disease or insect attack.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist. It happens very rare.