Passion Flower Botanically known as Passiflora incarnata from Passifloraceae family. Common names are Passionflower, Rakhi flower, Krishna kamal, Passion phool, etc. It is a perennial semi-evergreen flowering vine & it requires trelling or chain-like fencing or arbors for growing over it. It can be grown in big pots/containers but it's better to directly plant it into the ground for more vigours growth.
Why it is Called Krishna Kamal???
It is believed with reference to the Hindu epic ‘Mahabharata’ that: there are about 100 blue petals one for each of the Kauravas. 5 of the yellow ones in the center is one for each of the Pandavas. The green bulb in the center symbolizes Draupadi, the queen of Pandava. The three filaments are for the holy trinity of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiv and, The radial in the center is the Sudarshan Chakra of Lord Krishna.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - Its growth is unlimited but normally grows between 8 - 12 meter height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms almost 8 months in a year, sometimes throughout the year depend on the climatic condition of a particular area.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all types of soil and it can easily grow at any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plants grow very quickly and should be given strong support to climb on.
- For fast growth, it needs support, the more support it will grow very quickly.
- It can grow either in full sunlight or partial sunlight is also okay to grow.
- For lush green & bushy appearance better to plant it directly in the soil.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It can also be grown in bushy condition if planted in a pot and by regular pruning.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Passion Flower Plant||1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 3 hours of Direct Sunlight. It can also grow in semi-shade areas.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit.