Passion Flower Pink Botanically known as Passiflora vitifolia from Passifloraceae family. Common names are Passion flower, Rakhi flower, Lal Krishna kamal, Passion phool, etc. It is a perennial semi-evergreen flowering vine & it requires trelling or chain like fencing or arbors for growing over it. It can be grown in big pots/containers but it's better to directly plant it into the ground for more vigours growth.
The leaves are three-lobed. The common name and the species name vitifolia is derived from the shape of leaves resembling that of grape leaves. The flowers are stunning, bright pink and are fragrant too.
Why it is Called Krishna Kamal???
It is believed with reference of Hindu epic ‘Mahabharata’ that: there are about 100 of blue petals one for each of the Kauravas. 5 of the yellow ones in the centre is one for each of the Pandavas. The green bulb in the centre symbolises Draupadi, the queen of Pandava. The three filaments are for the holy trinity of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiv and, The radial in the centre is the Sudarshan Chakra of Lord Krishna.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are unlimited, but normally grow between 8 - 12 meter height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms almost 8 months in a year, some times through out the year depend on the climatic condition of perticular area.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown at any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plants grow very quickly and should be given a strong support to climb on.
- For fast growth it needs support, the more support it will grow very quickly.
- It can grow either in full sunlight or partial sunlight is also okay to grow.
- For lush green & bushy appearance better to plant it directly in the soil.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It can also grown in bushy condition, if planted in pot and by regular pruning.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Passion Flower Plant||1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 3 hours of Direct Sunlight. It can also grow in semi shade areas.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist.