Kinnow is a type of Citrus fruit is round, large, and has golden-orange skin similar to an orange. The skin of the kinnow can be easily peeled and the fruit itself has high juice content, which is rich in vitamin C. The kinnow tree has an ability to bear as many as 100 fruits and is highly productive and is also grown in large agricultural farms as the base crop.
Kinnow/Mandarin orange botanically known as Citrus reticulata belongs to family Rutaceae. It is a medium size fruit tree can grow upto 7 metres in height if planted directly in ground. The leaves are shiny, green, and rather small. The flowers are borne singly or in small groups in the leaf-axils.
- Citrus species, grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight are available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with bamboo stick and irrigated thoroughly.
- While planting care should be taken to see that the bud-joint should always be above the ground level.
- Temperature ranging from 10-30℃ is suitable for cultivation of the crop.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured and drooping branches and dead wood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
- Micro-nutrients (zinc, copper, manganese, iron, boron and molybdenum) are required in ample quantities. It should be supplied through foliar spray.
- Application of organic mulch surround the basin, improves the fruit quality and maintain moist environment.
- Fruit drop in orange can be controlled in early stages of fruit development by applying two sprays of growth regulators- 2,4 D (15 ppm.) or GA3 (15 ppm) along with Benomyl (1000 ppm.) and urea (1%) at the time of flowering and after the fruit set.
- Never prune the plants during monsoon and wet climates.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 5 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering March to April (sometimes too early or too late due to weather)
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting month are (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Orange kinnow Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.