Malay apple botanically known as Syzygium malaccense from Myrtaceae family. Common names are Malay rose apple/mountain apple/rose apple/Otaheite apple etc,. It is a tropical tree and it can't grow in cooler regions. The tree can grow upto 12–18 m in height if planted directly in the ground. Leaves are opposite, simple, blade ovate to oblong, mostly 10-30cm long. An inflorescence of short, few-flowered cymes born on the trunk or on older branches. The fruit is oblong-shaped and dark red in colour, although some varieties have white/pink skins. The flesh is white and surrounds a large seed. The ripe fruit is eaten as raw. Jam is prepared by stewing the flesh with brown sugar and ginger. Wine is made from the fruit in some countries.
- It grows in well drained and slightly acidic soils and do not like waterlogged conditions.
- Need full sunlight to grow(minimum 5-6 hrs)
- It grows in tropical areas wherever temperature is below 35℃.
- You can prune it's branches if found any diseased part and also to maintain your requires shape. Do pruning after winter season and never do pruning in rainy season.
- Add organic fertilizer after pruning.
- Addition of organic mulch surround the plant will be additional benefits to conserve moisture near the root zone.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15°-35°C with optimum of 30°C.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 12 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING TIME - Flowering from March to April and fruits occurs from May-July and we can see second crop in November and December also.
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 4-5 years after planting.
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 4 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Malay apple Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.