Juhi Jasmine Botanically known as Jasminum auriculatum from Oleaceae family. Common names are Jasmine molle, Indian Jasmine, Juhi, Jui, malle mokggu, mullai and ambur malliage etc. It is a distinctive perennial evergreen flowering plant. It is the fast growing landscape flowering plant. It is extremely fragrant flowering plants in full bloom. Juhi Jasmine is known for its immense fragrance & ornamentation applications. Jasmine is one of the the most popular flowers in India where it is commonly used for worship Lord Shiva and other deities.
Jasmine flowers are symbolic, they symbolize different emotions of life in different cultures, some of these include love, romance, modesty, sensuality, amiability. In Hindu weddings, Jasmine flowers are often used as the bridal flower to symbolize a promise as a deep and everlasting love between the married couple. Additionally, Jasmine represents appreciation and good luck, when used in religious ceremonies jasmine represents purity. There is worship tradition associated with the Jasmine flowers in Hindu religion.
What does make it Special.???
It is a evergreen shrub having shiny leaves with minute lateral leaflets. The plants produce numerous star-shaped, white scented blooms and are very good as loose flowers. The flowers are borne in pubescent compound many flowered flax cyme. It bears flowers from spring to summer and in rainy season also.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are around more than 8 meters of height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms almost 8-10 months in a year, somewhere year round in warm and humid climate.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown at any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plant in well drained soil and It grows and flowers best in full sun and it also do good in mild climates and in partial shade also..
- Regular fertilizer application will help the plants grow well and give many flowers.
- One of the best flowering climbers,The plant is a woody climber. If a suitable support is not given - it will form a rambling bush.
- Is a very long lived climber and the supports should be strong and permanent and Pruning can be done to keep plants in required shape.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It is recommended to do leaf pruning after every heavy flowering, it will promote new shoots and more number of new flowering.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Juhi/Jasminum Plant||1 -2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - Average temperature for growing and flowering is 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist.