Jasmine mogra is Botanically known as Jasminum sambac motia from the Oleaceae family. Common names are mogra butt, motia, etc. It is a small evergreen shrub or vine growing up to 0.5 to 3 m in height. It is widely cultivated for its attractive and sweetly fragrant flowers. The flowers may be used as a fragrant ingredient in perfumes and jasmine tea. This Jasminum sp. is highly variable and cultivated Jasminum sambac generally does not bear seeds and the plant is reproduced by cuttings, layering, marcotting, and other methods of asexual reproduction.
The flower blooms all throughout the year and is produced in clusters of 3 to 12 together at the ends of branches. They are strongly scented, with a white corolla 2 to 3 cm in diameter with 5 to 9 lobes. The flowers open at night (usually around 6 to 8 in the evening), and close in the morning.
What does make it Special.???
This is the one flower that even school children recognize. The most familiar and the most common Jasmine variety. Flowers are sweetly fragrant. Flowers medium-sized, double, compact, buds swollen and elongated. Used for commercial planting. In South, India women use this flower to make Gajra.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - Its growth is around 1 to 3 meters in height.
BLOOMING TIME - It blooms almost 8-10 months in a year, somewhere year-round in warm and humid climates.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all types of soil and it can easily grow in any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plant in well-drained soil and It grows and flowers best in full sun and it also does good in mild climates and in partial shade also..
- Regular fertilizer application will help the plants grow well and give many flowers.
- One of the best flowering busy climbers can be also grown as a stand-alone bush.
- Is a very long-lived climber and the supports should be strong and permanent and Pruning can be done to keep plants in the required shape.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It is recommended to do leaf pruning after every heavy flowering, it will promote new shoots and more number of a new flowering.
- Typically, the flowers are harvested at the bud stage during the early morning, The buds have to be white, as green ones may not emit the characteristic fragrance.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Jasmine mini Plant||1 -2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - Average temperature for growing and flowering is 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit.