Jasmine sambac Botanically known as Jasminum sambac japanese rai from Oleaceae family. Common name is Mogra Large Flowered, Double Mogra, Rose Mogra. It is a small evergreen shrub or vine growing up to 0.5 to 3 m in height. It is widely cultivated for its attractive and sweetly fragrant flowers. The flowers may be used as a fragrant ingredient in perfumes and jasmine tea. This Jasminum species is highly variable and cultivated Jasminum sambac generally do not bear seeds and the plant is reproduced by cuttings, layering, marcotting and other methods of asexual reproduction.
What does make it Special.???
One the most popular jasmines. Loved by people because of its multi petals, large and delightfully fragrant blooms. A dwarf, compact, bushy shrub. Flowers medium sized double. Flowers for 7-8 months in a year. In South India women use this flower to make Gajra.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are around 1 to 3 meter of height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms almost 7-8 months in a year(summer & spring) somewhere year round in warm and humid climate.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown at any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plant in well drained soil and It grows and flowers best in full sun and it also do good in mild climates and in partial shade also..
- Regular fertilizer application will help the plants grow well and give many flowers.
- One of the best flowering bushy climbers, can be also grown as a stand alone bush.
- Is a very long lived climber and the supports should be strong and permanent and Pruning can be done to keep plants in required shape.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It is recommended to do leaf pruning after every heavy flowering, it will promote new shoots and more number of new flowering.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Jasmine sambac Plant||1 -2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - Average temperature for growing and flowering is 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist.