What does make it Special???
- The small ultramarine, white-throated flowers are the reflection of a clear blue summer sky.
- Flowers open facing the sun in the early morning and are gone by midday. Like magic the next morning they make another mass appearance.
- On overcast rainy days the flowers don't open but generally appear in the dry, sunny season in the tropics.
Jacquemontia is Botanically known as Jacquemontia violaceae from the Convolvulaceae family. Common names are Skyblue cluster vine, Jacquemontia creeper, etc. It is a perennial evergreen flowering vine & it requires trelling or chain-like fencing or arbors for growing over it. It can be grown in big pots/containers.
The stem of the creeper is slender and green and the leaves are arranged alternatively. The leaves are small, shiny, and heart-shaped with pointed tips. The vine produces fleshy leaves up to 3 centimeters long and circular bluish flowers. It grows in a sunny area and is useful for balconies, terraces, and gardens. Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year. Attracts butterflies and bees. A quick-growing climber is popular for its ever-present blooms.
It can be grown for its beautiful appearance. Ideal for covering trellises and growing in pots over "balloons" The creeper looks gorgeous with its many flowers spread on it after rains and in the cooler season. A quick-growing climber is popular for its ever-present blooms.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - Its growth is around 6 to 8 meters in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms year-round with profuse flowering.
GROWING TIPS -
- One of the best flowering climbers can grow on porch, arch, pergola, and wall.
- It grows and flowers best in full sun and it also does good in mild climates and in partial shade in hot and dry areas.
- Plant in fertile well-drained soil. Plants need a thorough cleaning of dry shoots after the blooms are over.
- If planting along a fence then plant at 3 to 4 feet distance. If planting as a ground cover plant at 60 cm distance.
- Is a very long-lived climber and the supports should be strong and permanent and Pruning can be done to keep plants in the required shape.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Jacquemontia Plant||1 -2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - Average temperature 25-35 Degree Celsius
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit.