About Hibiscus Plants
Hibiscus, roots back to the ‘rose mallow’ family, with more than 200 species grown globally. Hibiscus plants grow well on wet soil. Especially during the summer season. These beautiful flowers are cultivated mainly for ornamental purposes. And also cater to the human diet, as food colours, herbal tea and curing several ailments.
Hibiscus is a simple way to give your garden a tropical feel. You will be rewarded with many years of beautiful flowers if you know how to care for hibiscus plants.
Many individuals choose to grow hibiscus plants in containers. This permits them to transfer the hibiscus plant to the best position for the season. Provide at least six hours of sunlight to the plants, especially if you want to see the magnificent blooms.
Although tropical hibiscus thrive in hot, humid weather, you may want to add some afternoon shade. Containers, once again, make this simple.
These brightly-coloured hibiscus plants act as an essential food source for the larvae. To get the know-how in details on these funnel-shaped flowers, keep reading to know more about it.
Hibiscus Plant Varieties
- China rose
- Rock Hibiscus
- Flower of an Hour
- Roselle and many more
Benefits of Hibiscus Plants
- Hibiscus plants adapt well to growing in decorative garden-containers.
- These plants grow in an evergreen bush form or small-size tree, up to 15’ in height.
- Hibiscus is great for hair too.
- Hibiscus flowers are big and trumpet-shaped ones devoid of any sweet odor.
- Well-known as ‘shoe flower’ in China, as people use the same to polish their shoes!
- Hibiscus flowers are a rich source of natural-dyes, commonly used in the food industry.
- Also used as ‘hibiscus tea’, made out of dried flower petals.
How to care for hibiscus plants
Caring for hibiscus plants involves providing them with proper watering, fertilizing, and pruning to promote healthy growth and vibrant blooms. It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid over-fertilizing, which can damage the plants.
How to grow hibiscus plants indoors
Growing hibiscus plants indoors can be a great way to enjoy their beautiful blooms year-round. To do so, it's important to provide them with proper sunlight, temperature, and humidity levels.