Hibiscus is Botanically known as Hibiscus rosa sinensis from the Malvaceae family. Common names are Jasvandi, Gurhal, Chinese hibiscus, shoe flower, Mandaram, Japa, etc. It is an evergreen perennial flowering plant, blooms year-round and it is one of the ancient flowering plants mostly used in every Indian Home.
An excellent variety for landscape use. Plants have small leaves and small flowers. They grow to over 2 meters tall. Can be kept short by trimming. Plants are covered daily with numerous dainty shocking pink flowers. There is a lot of confusion regarding hibiscus names. Since there is no central authority for their naming (as for roses), people call them by different names. Hibiscus flowers have been popular for centuries. Most hibiscus flowers bloom during the day and close at night. Flowers can be cut and put in a dish of water. They stay fresh for the entire day.
What does make this Special??
- This plant part has numerous medicinal values in Ayurveda.
- One of the Best Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves, good for screening, also excellent for hedges, border.
- Excellent flower in garden to attract Butterfly, Birds.
- Best Year-round Flowering to Home Garden.
- Easy to grow plants either in the pot or directly in the soil.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 1-2 meter height & a 1-meter spread.
BLOOMING YEAR - Year-around attractive flowering.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all types of soil and it can easily grow in any Indian Climatic condition.
- It is best to grow the Hibiscus plant in full sunlight conditions.
- Plants can be grown in small pots also, a minimum pot size of around 30 cms will be okay, but ground planting is best.
- Hibiscus are long-lived plants, a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well-drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
- Hibiscus does not like cold and dry weather, the leaf size and flower size reduce in extreme cold.
- Regular pruning is required to make plants bushy and dwarf.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Hibiscus Dark pink Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after the application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is more affected by mealybug, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.