- Heliconia plants are exotic plants grown because of their beautiful flowers.
- Heliconia Rostrata is a perennial tropical plant also known as Hanging Lobster Claw or False Bird of Paradise.
- It belongs to the banana family. Best to grow in shade to semi-shade area. Can be grown between 2 to 4 meters & 1 to 2 meters spread. Attract birds in the garden.
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
Growing Tips :
- Heliconias are tropical plants. They like it warm and humid.
- They are best grown in full sunlight. However, in hot and dry areas they can be grown in partial shade.
- Plants require ample water.
- A single upright shoots flowers only once. It can be taken out once the flowering is over.
- Slight leaf removal may have to be done to show flowers from inside the foliage.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||HeliconiaPlant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- You can remain the plant in the same pot for 6-7 months, later you can transplant it in a slightly bigger pot than the present.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.