What does make it Special???
Clematis are often referred to as the queen of the flowering vines with a strong fragrance. Clematis plants are among the most popular and attractive flowering vines grown in the home landscape. They add a decorative touch to a home. They clean the air by absorbing common pollutants and producing oxygen. It can last more than 10 years if maintained properly, creepers can be planted any time of the year.
Gourian is Botanically known as Clematis gouriana from the Ranunculaceae family. Common names are Gourian clematis, Raan jai, Gometi, Morvel, Pedutivva, Telajadari, Thalejadari, Chagalboti, Idiya, Junge Lahara, Morata, etc. It is a perennial semi-deciduous fragrance flowering vine & it requires trelling or chain-like fencing or arbors for growing over it. It can be grown in big pots/containers.
The plants burst into bloom during the monsoon. The fragrance is divine. There are too many bees enjoying the pollen and nectar. Luckily you can smell the flowers far away. Fast-growing plants for home gardening. Clematis are often referred to as the queen of the flowering vines. Its flowers are used for Pooja.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - Its growth is around 6 to 8 meters in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms around 4-6 months in a year, mostly during the monsoon season.
GROWING TIPS -
- One of the best flowering climbers can grow on porch, arch, pergola, and wall. Can be also grown as a stand-alone bush.
- This plant is not very heavy climbers. But since they are long-lived they should be given strong and sturdy supports.
- Plant in well-drained and fertile soils.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It can also be grown in bushy condition if planted in a pot and by regular pruning.
- It is recommended to prune the plant after every flowering period.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Clematis gourian Plant||0.5-1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - Average temperature 20-35 Degree Celsius
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit.