Custard Apple is Botanically known as Annona squamosa from the Annonaceae family. Common names are Sitaphal, Sugar apple red, Sweetsop. It is a small many-branched semi-evergreen tree. This is a deep red variety of the regular custard apple. It is equally sweet. A small growing fruit tree that requires no care. Can be planted in any corner of the garden. The fruits are delicious. Requires less water and does best in dry climates. This tree should only be planted outdoors in frost-free areas protected from cold winds. It is best grown in rich, evenly moist but well-drained soils in full sun to semi-shade.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 2-4 meters.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms in the summer & spring seasons (May-September) in many parts of India, sometimes it may vary based on the climate of a particular area.
FRUITING TIME - Edible fruiting will start within a year or after 1 year of purchase.
SPECIAL FEATURE - Sugar-apple is high in energy, an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, a good source of thiamine and vitamin B6, and provides vitamin B2, B3 B5, B9, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium in fair quantities.
The ripe fruits are edible, some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings, etc.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Custard apple red(Grafted)||2-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - Grows well in hot and dry climates. It can tolerate long periods of dry weather. Grows well in the winter season. Minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight needed.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Water to plants at least during flowering and fruits development is essential.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially up to 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment applies any organic fertilizer 2-3 times in a year or specifically during the flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Generally it doesn't affect major pests so, apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pests for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2 months)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit. It happens very rarely.
- In the case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.