Crossandra (Crossandra infundibuliformis), is an evergreen subshrub sometimes called a firecracker flower, can be used as a houseplant or in the landscape. This tropical flower is easy to grow. This flowering plant blooms year-round.
Crossandra - "The Lovely Flowering Houseplant"
How to Grow - It is very easy to grow flowering plants even for beginners, It can grow from Partial Sunlight to Full Sunlight area but protect from harsh afternoon sunlight.
/Soil & Fertilizer - It grows in almost all types of soil, but the soil should be well-drained & fertile.
You can add organic fertilizer/compost like Vermicompost, Cow dung manure, bone or blood meal, or any homemade compost once a month.
/It is recommended to pinch the tip of the plant during the initial days to promote more number of side branches which will give a bushy appearance.
/Water it when the top 2-3inch layer of the soil feels dry to touch.
/ It can be grown in almost all seasons, except in the winter season of North India.
/It flowers almost 8months a year, mostly in spring & early summer.
/We have 2 colors of Crossandra Yellow & Orange.
/You can plant it in hanging baskets, garden pot, as a bed in the garden, or directly in the soil.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Crossandra orange Plant||less than 1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after the application of fertilizer. For profuse flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer once a month.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any disease or insects, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.