Bush Allamanda Botanically known as Allamanda schotti from Apocynaceae family. Common name are Bush allamanda, allamanda mini, allamanda dwarf, etc. It is a evergreen perennial flowering plant, blooms year around and It is a dwarf evergreen shrub. Stems are woody and the leaves are smooth. Flowers is very different and unique. They are around 4 to 6 cms long. Plants are bushy and make a handsome bush. Leaves are in whorls of 2 to 5, wide in the middle and pointed towards the ends. Flowers are tubular, deep yellow and borne in flushes throughout the year.
The plant parts are anti bacterial and have antifungal characters. The bare walls of buildings or boundary walls or arches, pergola, gate can be covered beautifully by a colourful climber and can also be used for the purpose of screening to maintain privacy from the adjacent houses. They add a decorative touch to a home & they clean the air by absorbing common pollutants and producing oxygen. It can Last more than 20 years if maintained properly, this plant can be planted at any time of the year.
Whate makes it Different from other Allamanda??
- Features clusters of yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers with orange-red throat stripes and leathery. It bears large yellow flowers when compare to all allamanda sp. & it is easy to harvest because it is bushy in nature.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach 2-3 meter height & spread.
BLOOMING YEAR - Year-around attractive flowering.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- A very easy to grow plant. Does best in full sunlight. Will tolerate a wide range of soils. Does best in fertile and well drained soils.
- Regular pruning is required to keep it in shape. This allamanda can be effectively be used as a ground cover or as a pot plant.
- After 20-25 Days better to transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Bush Allamanda Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease, in case for any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.