Bleeding Heart Botanically known as Clerodendrum thomsonae from Verbenaceae family. Common names are glory-bower, bagflower, bleeding-heart vine, etc. It is a perennial evergreen flowering vine with showy white flowers and carolla is bright red. The white sepals are long lasting & it requires trelling or chain like fencing or arbors for growing over it. It can also grow in pots/containers.
Plants have very showy flowers, which is an attractive bushy, tropical looking twining vine. Bleeding Heart Vine blooms profusely with rich crimson corollas peeking from white, balloon-like calyxes. The flowers are seen as clusters of red and white.They are good climbing plants and are relatively easier to grow as they are sun-loving plants. Bleeding Heart Vine flowers are mostly loves warm climates. They are quite aesthetic too, as they produce tons of flowers which can be easily trimmed to the desired size. Its fruits are black and contain black seeds. It also performs good in partial shade or dappled sunlight, but it may tolerate full sunlight with plenty of moisture.
What does make it Special???
The delicate beauty of bleeding heart vine belies its fast growth habit. It's one of the best fast growing vines for covering an arbor, trellis, pergola or that chain link fence with bunch of flowers.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are around 3 to 5 meter of height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms almost 8-10 months in a year, sometimes throught the year in warm & tropical climate.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and Plants cannot tolerate alkaline soils. They will immediately show leaf yellowing.
- One of the best flowering climbers, can grow on porch, arch, pergola and wall. Can be also grown as a stand alone bush.
- It grows and flowers best in full sun and it also do good in mild climates and in partial shade in hot and dry areas.
- It grows as well in pot as well as in the ground also.
- Light support is required for it to grow. Ensure good drainage and sufficient water and nutrient supply.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
- It can also grown in bushy condition, if planted in pot and by regular pruning.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Bleeding Heart white Plant||1 -2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 3 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist. New leaves will come definitely.