Avocado Botanically known as Persea americana from Lauraceae family. Common name are Avocado, Alligator Pear & Butter Fruit. It is medium to big size evergreen tree with fast growing habit.
The fruit has oily, buttery pulp, rich in vitamins A, B and E, as well as potassium. Avocado are commercially valuable and are cultivated in tropical & subtropical climates throughout the world. Avocado plants need a climate without frost with little wind, high winds reduce the humidity, dehydrate the flowers, and affect pollination. The fruit is climacteric like banana it also ripe after harvest from plant & it is single seeded berry.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach more than 12 meter.
BLOOMING YEAR - The flowering is usually between May to August, it vary based on climate of particular area.
FRUITING TIME - Edible fruiting will start from 2-3 year after purchase.
SPECIAL FEATURE - Avocado fruit has high fat content than other horticultural fruit mostly monounsaturated fat & it serves as an important staple in the diet of consumers who have limited access to other fatty foods (high-fat meats and fish, dairy products). Avocado oil is an expensive compared to common salad and cooking oil and is mostly used for salads or dips. The avocado is common in vegetarian cuisine as a substitute for meats in sandwiches and salads because of its high fat content.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Avocado Plant(Grafted)||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. Protect the Young plant from scorching sun in summer.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content. For plantation in large areas soil test is recommended.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially upto 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3 times yearly) before the flowering season only.
PLANT PROTECTION - Generally it does't affected by major pest so, apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pest for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist. It happens very rare.
- In case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.