Arecanut/Betel nut/Supari Botanically known as Areca catechu from Arecaceae family. It is available in dried, cured, and fresh forms. The effect of chewing betel leaf and areca nut together is relatively mild and could be compared to that of drinking a cup of coffee. It is Considered an auspicious ingredient in Hinduism. It is an ornamental as well as an economically important plant.
Special Character of this variety
- This Mohitnagar variety is one of the high-yielding varieties of Arecanut and it is mostly cultivated in West Bengal, but it can grow in all Coconut & Arecanut growing regions.
- The plant starts fruiting after reaching 2-meter height, which is almost 1.5-2 years after planting. Medium-thick stem, partially drooping crown, orange-yellow colored oval to round shaped nuts.
- Higher level of uniformity in fruiting and size. The bunches are well placed and nuts loosely arranged on spikes which help in uniform development.
- The average dry kernel yield is 3.67 kg/plant/year.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Arecanut Plant||2-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.