Amazon Blue is Botanically known as Otacanthus caeruleus from the Plantaginaceae family. It is commonly called Blue Cat's Eye or Brazilian snapdragon is native to Brazil, it is an evergreen shrub of the genus Otacanthus. The stem stands upright, it branches well in the upper part, it is about 1 m. It likes sunny places. In the early autumn, blooming white flowers in the center part with two lips shaped in purplish purple.
GROWING TIPS -
- Select a sunny spot in your garden, protect the plant in summer from direct sunlight.
- Regular feeding with organic fertilizer will keep the flowers coming.
- Plants can be grown in small pots, raised beds, border planting, etc.
- Lily can long-lived a lot of their growth and performance depends on the soil used, Good well-drained soil with lots of organic manure is recommended.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Otcanthus caeruleus Plant||Up to 1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires a minimum of more than 4 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will be reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after the application of fertilizer. For profuse flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer once a month.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any disease or insects, in case of that, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.