Allamanda yellow Botanically known as Allamanda cathartica from Apocynaceae family. Common name are Golden trumpet vine, Common trumpet vine, Yellow allamanda, Harkakra, Pilaghanti etc. It is a perennial flowering plant, blooms year around and noted for its leathery, dark green shining foliage and trumpet-shaped flowers. The flowers are numerous but smaller than hybrid allamanda.
The plant parts are anti bacterial and have antifungal characters. The bare walls of buildings or boundary walls can be covered beautifully by a colourful climber and can also be used for the purpose of screening to maintain privacy from the adjacent houses. They add a decorative touch to a home & they clean the air by absorbing common pollutants and producing oxygen. It can Last more than 20 years if maintained properly, this plant can be planted at any time of the year.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach more than 8 meter height, it remains dwarf if not provided with any climbing support.
BLOOMING YEAR - Year-around attractive flowering.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown in any Indian Climatic condition.
- Plants grow very quickly and should be given a strong support to climb on.
- For fast growth it needs support, the more support it will grow very quickly.
- It do best in full sun light, so remember to place it wherever minimum 5-6hrs of sunlight are available.
- For lush green & bushy appearance better to plant it directly in the soil.
- After 20-25 days you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition or transplant it in slightly bigger pot than present pot.
- It can also grown in bushy condition, if planted in pot and by regular pruning.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Allamanda yellow Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease, in case for any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the soil.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.