Peace Lily Botanically known as Spathiphyllum macrophyllum from Araceae family. Common name are Peace lily, Spathiphyllum, Cobra plant etc. This is evergreen herbaceous perennial plants with large leaves 12–65 cm long and 3–25 cm broad. The flowers are produced in a spadix, surrounded by a 10–30 cm long, white, yellowish, or greenish spathe. This easy-care plant has beautiful glossy green leaves and the unusual ability to blossom in medium light.
Peace lilies have lush, dark green foliage and produce white flowers during the warmer months.The Peace Lily is not only tough, but it is on the list of the “Top 10 Household Air Cleaning Plants” so it’s perfect for any home or office. Peace Lilies are often associated with peace, purity and innocence. The plant has received extra attention over the last few years through the NASA Clean Air Study. Placing the plants in a group, in areas where there are lots of people, such as schools, offices or canteens create plenty of possibilities.
What does make it Special??
- It is one of the multi benefits plants as indoor flowering plants, foliage plant and air purifying plant.
- It is often seen in offices and homes growing beautifully in the indirect light.
- They are one of the most popular and easiest to care for indoor plants. Peace Lilies are often associated with peace, purity and innocence.
- The Peace Lily is a great natural remover of indoor air pollution as identified by NASA.
- Boost mood, productivity, concentration and creativity. Placing the plants in a group, in areas where there are lots of people, such as schools, offices or canteens create plenty of possibilities.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, Bedroom etc.
- Popular low maintenance, good luck plant.
- Best for both indoor and semi shade.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach 1 meter height, but it also depend on the maturity & it's location.
BLOOMING YEAR - Generally flowers in Summer and Spring, but somewhere throughout the year in warmer region.
- Peace lily are some of the easiest plants to grow. The care that they require is no care at all.
Plants will perform well in well drained fertile soils. Grow well in pots as well as the ground.
- Protection from wind excessive cold is required, Regular application of fertilizers is required specially during the warm months.
- Soil should be kept lightly moist, never wet.
- Plants like to grow in bright indirect light.
- Flowers should be removed immediately as they fade off. This will initiate new ones quickly.
- Clean the leaves with wet cloth once in a week. Remove any damaged/diseased plant part & discard it away from planting area.
Shaded Balcony, Office Plant, Bedroom Plant, Air Purifying Plant, Attractive Foliage Plant, good luck plant, Eye Catching Plant.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Peace Lily Plant||0.5-1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - Can grow in Indirect Bright light or Semi shade or Indoor.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Remember Over water can kill your Peace Lily plant when it is in soil. Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Moderate Watering(in every 3-4days)
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 18-30 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest or disease, in case of any infections, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- You can remain the plant in the same pot for 6-7 month, later you can transplant it in slightly bigger pot than the present.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.