Brahma kamal botanically known as Epiphyllum oxypetalum with many common names like Queen of the night, Dutchman's cactus, princess of the night, and many Indian local names in different languages (gul-e-Bakavali, Piram'mak kamalam, Brahma kamalaṁ), it is a species of a flowering plant named after Lord Brahma of the Hindu mythology.
Flowers grow on flattened stems and are, nocturnal(blooms at night), and very fragrant. It is believed that the wishes of people who pray to God while the flower is blooming will be fulfilled. It rarely blooms and only at night, and its flowers wilt before dawn. Though it is sometimes referred to as night-blooming cereus. It flowers in late spring through late summer; large specimens can produce several crops of flowers in one season. It also has medicinal properties in many Asian cultures, including India, Vietnam, and Malaysia. The plant is widely used in traditional medicine setting to treat respiratory ailments, bleeding conditions and is also believed to have the property of reducing pain and inflammation.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Brahma kamal Plant||0.5-1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - Can grow in Direct bright light to indirect bright also.
WATERING SCHEDULE - It is a zero maintenance plant, water twice a week.(always maintain the moisture)
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile, and rich in organic content.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 18-35 Degree Celsius.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once a month. Do not forget to water your plant immediately after the application of fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally, it is not affected by any pest or disease, in case of any infections, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- You can remain the plant in the same pot for 6-7 months, later you can transplant it in a slightly bigger pot than the present.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.